Ruminations of the JSTU chapter President, Paul Osborne.
Kevin's Corner - January 27, 2021
- Written by Administrator Administrator
- Last Updated: 27 January 2021 27 January 2021
To all of our friends in JSTU, this winter continues to be troubling with the virus still around which means we can not get together at the field house for the forseable future. I do have some good news for everyone - the fishing has been ok on the South Branch, Musky and my favorite, the Pequest. Eggs, small midges, pheasant tails are the hot ticket right now. However, in mid-February through mid-March the little black stones (size 18 and 20) show up on the South Branch and Musky. If you do go out to fish remember to get your 2021 fishing license.
Some additional final thoughts:
- Please keep an eye on the PA, NJ and NY fishing regulations for changes and opening day dates due to the virus.
- PA has a youth day set for Saturday March 27, 2021 and one statewide opening day of April 3, 2021.
- NJ opens April 10, 2021. Just in time for the Hendrickson’s.
- NY as always opening day is April 1, 2021.
- NJDEP fish and wildlife may or may not have volunteers to help stock the streams and rivers due to the virus.
Please be safe and wear masks, and when you can get an appointment, get the vaccine.